Monday 2 February 2015

Curves, Wedges and Wonky Log Cabins with the Royal City Quilters' Guild in Guelph

Back to my beginnings! I taught this weekend in the same room that I took my first guild class, back in the mid-90's! Some of my students were there that day too.  It was a mini hand sewing workshop with Pat Menary, Grandmother's Fan, and the finished quilt was about 5" square.
Many thanks to the RCQG for hosting this event. This is a fantastic guild, still going strong and always ready to try something new. We had an absolutely wonderful day together. Their results are amazing and speak for themselves.
To all quilters reading this, take a look and see how freeing and fun this unstructured, unpredictable and organic way of creating art quilts is. Everyone who is interested in contemporary textile art and quilt making needs to have these skills! I am teaching this again for a week at the Haliburton School of the Arts in July 2015. Check it out!










































































1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun ! Lovely pieces coming out of this workshop !!

    ReplyDelete