Sunday 11 May 2014

May 2014 SAQA Conference in Alexandria, Virginia

Hi! 
Thanks for joining me again. 
It has been quite a while since I've posted anything. Been happily busy with creating in the studio, travelling and doing family things. I'll start with the most recent event and go from there.
The SAQA - Studio Art Quilts Associates - gathering was great fun. It is amazing to hang out with the rock stars of the quilting world, meet old friends, make new ones and get some up to date information on art trends and professional tips.I especially enjoyed the 25 year retrospective of the past presidents. They have worked very hard for us and collectively we have come a long way.
This was my first year attending as a JAM - Juried Art Member.  This is a recent achievement and I am very pleased about it. I am in very talented company! I especially enjoyed the 25 year retrospective of the past presidents. They have worked very hard for us and collectively we have come a long way. Here are some photos:

Martha Sielman, executive director extraordinaire with Yvonne Porcella, our founding president

On the way to the Radical Elements Show, local members 

Fred and I with Ralph and Diane Nunez, a lovely and talented 3-D textile artist from Michigan. Fred and Ralph did some touring of the DC area while we were in workshops.

Nysha Nielsen and Mary Pal - both amazing artists

Outside the Radical Elements Show

The Canadians! Christine Neilsen, me, Heather Dubreuil, Kathy Jurek, Margaret Blank's extra, and Mary Pal. All 5 and/or 6 of us!


The presidents' panel discussion: L-R Kris Sazaki, Sandra Sider, Meg Cox (moderator), Katie Pasquini Masopust, Judith Content and Yvonne Porcella

 Each past president talked about a pivotal quilt in their SAQA career.





The wisteria Fred found was fabulous! It was growing way up into a huge tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment